Monday, June 6, 2011

frustrated.

I am exhausted. Little boy has started waking up every 2 hours at night to eat (he'd been going 4-5, two nights he slept 7!) and J doesn't ever even hear him cry so needless to say he does not wake up. I breastfeed so I think he thinks he doesn't need to because he can't feed him but it'd be a huge help if he got up and changed him and then gave him to me to feed. Then he could go back to sleep. It wouldn't be so bad waking up but he eats for a half hour. Then he'll sleep an hr and a half and he'll be up again trying to eat! What happened to my sleeper?! He doesn't nap during the day either. He cat naps. And will only sleep in someone's arms. So nothing gets done in the house.
I am all fine and dandy with all of this. What bothers me is two nights in a row I was promised a spanking, and didn't get one. Both nights, I'd gone to bed expecting J to be coming soon after. Saturday night, I fell asleep almost immediately, so that wasn't J's fault. Last night, he told me he was finishing the beer he had open with our roommate and he'd be in. That was at 10:50. I woke up to him coming to bed at 12:24. So frustrating! And when I made a comment this morning about not getting spanked, he said it's because I fell asleep! Oh, I'm sorry that I didn't wait up for an hour and a half for you to come to bed. Gah!

Ok, rant over. Time to brag. MY THREE AND A HALF WEEK OLD SON ROLLED OVER THIS MORNING! No, you didn't read wrong. My child is superman lol I watched him do it and he made it look so easy. I was expecting him to roll early because he's always holding his head up and looking around, he's very strong. But not THIS early! I've got a feeling I'm going to have my hands full with this boy :p

7 comments:

  1. Oh wow. Sounds like you already have your hands full with this boy. That's amazing that he's already rolling over though! Congratulations. :) And I do hope you get your spanking soon, I know how it is to need and crave one and never get one... aljfalkjfaljaa.

    ReplyDelete
  2. He's cluster feeding, totally normal, really really common. At about 6 weeks it starts to even off a bit. (picks back up again though at 12). A little extra attention should get the endorphins going even out the hormones.

    Good Luck,
    Laurie

    ReplyDelete
  3. I slept with my later babies and it worked great. We have a king size bed and I'd put pillows on the edge if needed and tried to lay baby in the middle, if possible. I was able to nurse and sleep and function the next day, which was wonderful.

    That's precious that your baby boy is already rolling over!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Super sorry sweetie.....my baby number 4 is 5 weeks now and has had this happen a few times....some nights sleeping 4 hours, the other nights every 2. AND...even though this sounds terrible because you would like the moral support in the middle of the night...if you ARE breastfeeding like I am - it really doesn't help much if the guy has to get up too because then he is as equally as tired the next day and with our other kids it would always cause conflict in the middle of the night with us being out of sorts. I pump and get them trying to take a bottle early on...just so they get practice - and then hubby does one night feeding every week for me. :)

    ReplyDelete
  5. Sounds like baby boy is getting ready to do some major growing. All four of my babies went through that cycle of every 2, 4, 6, or 8 hours during the first six months. It was at six months that they started consistently sleeping through the night.

    I so understand your frustration with the spanking. Steve has been a lot of talk lately and little action. I am ashamed to admit that I even got mouthy yesterday on purpose to see if I could get him to take action (the wrong thing to do btw) but all that ended up happening was an empty threat. I'll be praying for you to get some sleep and that we both get the spankings we want. Hang in there.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Wow, 3 1/2 weeks and rolling over...Congrats! Sounds like you have a smartie. :)
    I totally understand the exhaustion, and frustration of your guy not even waking up. My guy was that way too, um...still is. Drives me crazy sometimes. About spanking, tell him he'd better take care of your needs, or it will be all his fault if you get post partem depression, and then he'll have to deal with you, LOL. Or you can threaten that unless he does it on a regular basis, you'll force him to wake up every time you have to get up, with ice water if necessary :P

    ReplyDelete
  7. Thanks everyone! I appreciate all the support. It's nice to have other mommas on here who relate to what I'm going through :)

    ReplyDelete