Thursday, June 9, 2011

day off

I love my son. I really, truly do. It's just sometimes, when he's screaming constantly, I want to jump off a bridge. For the past week, he has been crying the majority of the day. Since I spend the most time with him, it was really starting to wear on me. Yesterday after walking around bouncing him for two hours to soothe him and it not working, I went into the bedroom where J slept. I sat down on the bed with the screaming baby and I just started bawling. I didn't know what else to do for him. J got up and took the baby, and after a while got him calmed down. He informed me he was going to call out of work to help me for the day. It was so nice having a little break. I was much less stressed out, and it was great spending some time with J. It was much needed! I'm so grateful for my hubby <3

8 comments:

  1. Colic??? ... I hope not for your sanity!!!

    ~Hugs~
    Lily

    ReplyDelete
  2. (((Hugs))) to you, Heather!

    One of my daughter's cried A LOT and it didn't matter what I did, but she grew out of it when she was about 6-8 weeks old. I nursed her exclusively and I tried changing my diet and everything. I finally started using these drops by Johnson&Johnson. You used to be able to buy them over the counter. You might want to check. It helped quite a bit. It's hard to remember that far back. She'll be 17 in September, lol!

    Kitty

    ReplyDelete
  3. You did the right thing getting help from J, Heather. I'm so glad it worked for him to take the day off then, too. My youngest son had reflux and cried continuously-- it was awful! He finally grew out of it and was able to stop taking medication at 10 months. I hope he settles down for you. ♥

    ReplyDelete
  4. That IS stressful mommy! I'm glad that your hubby was insightful enough to see that it was time for you to regain some sanity! There have been a few times where I have looked at my husband the night before he has to go to work and I've just said "I need you - I think I'll lose it if I'm by myself." Hang in there - have you gone off of dairy for awhile to see if it might be bothering him? Two of my babies have upset tummies if I would eat dairy, beans, onions, green veggies....lots of stuff. I give my 6 week old just a little bit of gas drops every night - perfectly safe.

    ReplyDelete
  5. I'm really happy that J stepped up, that's a good husband! And in the middle of the screaming don't ever think for one minute it reflect on your mothering skills! Babies cry no matter what you do. It will get better!

    Hugs,
    PK

    ReplyDelete
  6. Good hubby!! Its hard. Its not like they can say what's wrong. It is wearing. You are doing great. Hang in there.

    Kelly

    ReplyDelete
  7. ugh....hang in there...it will get better. And good for J for stepping in and helping you...try to remember, this too shall pass....hugs!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Hey, sorry, didn't get to respond to this til now, haven't been able to read blogs for awhile.
    Hang in there, I SO remember those feelings! I even remember confiding in a friend what a horrible mother I was because even though mostly I was frustrated because of not knowing how to help, I found myself even sometimes feeling resentment. She assured me that it's quite common to go through that, just no one talks about it, and it has nothing to do with loving your child. So now matter what you feel, know it's normal. You're doing a great job with him, and you're a wonderful mother, I can tell. :)
    But it's a crazy transition, and that, without a lot of sleep to figure out how to think clearly!
    If it's gas, try Mylicon (sp?) or if you like more natural stuff, Gripe Water. You can find them at any drugstore.
    I'm glad J was able to help, though. Hang on, it gets easier soon! ((hugs!))

    ReplyDelete