Before the baby was born, J and I used to shower together. We did this most every day, and I cherished the intimate alone time together. Now that our little one is here, obviously this does not happen anymore. Friday night, however, when J got home from work, the baby was sleeping and I finally felt comfortable enough leaving the baby alone for 20 minutes while we showered. It was wonderful. Nothing scandalous happened, but it was great having a few minutes for ourselves. Before he left the bathroom, he asked me to take the trash out of there and put it in the big bag in the kitchen. I said that I would, but by the time I'd toweled off, dried my hair, and dressed, I completely forgot.
I was sitting on the couch after putting the baby in his swing, when J came out of the bathroom and caught my eye.
"Why is there still a full trash in the bathroom?" he wanted to know, sitting down beside me.
I immediately felt my face flush. Why does that always happen when he asks me things like this? "I forgot, I'm sorry..."
"You forgot?" he asked.
I nodded.
"That's okay, do you know why?" he asked, turning to look at me with a gleam in his eye.
Saturday. Maintenance! Eeep! "No," I whined, flopping down on the couch and resting my head in his lap.
"No, you don't know why?" he pushed.
I don't want a harder spanking, I whined to myself. I shook my head, not daring to speak a word. I didn't want to hear them aloud.
He leaned over and kissed my forehead. "Because I love you," he whispered.
"I love you too!" I cooed, kissing him back. Then, I jumped up and high-tailed it to the bathroom to change the trash bag. Crisis averted.
Later on that night, we lay together in our bed. The light was still on, and J asked me to get up and turn it off. I pouted and told him that I thought he should do it. We were laying close, and he reached his arm around me, and slid it down the back of my pants.
"Go turn it off," he murmured.
"Noo," I whined. "You do it, you're closer!"
Suddenly, he started pinching me all over my bottom. Small, stinging pinches covered my sensitive skin.
"Hey! No pinching,"
"That's your punishment for telling me no," he grinned evilly.
I was a little taken aback by this, as we have never talked about using other forms of punishment, and I certainly hadn't expected him to come out with something like that. I tried to hold out as long as I could, determined not to give in and turn the light off. After about a minute, though, I wriggled free and jumped up to turn the light off. By the time I got back in bed, J was practically passed out. Ugh.
Sunday, J didn't apologize for falling asleep, but told me that I was in for a big spanking Sunday night. Momentarily, a sassy comment spun through my mind but I decided not to push my luck.
As it turned out, J fell asleep on the couch before we'd even gone to bed. Disappointing as it was, I couldn't hold him at fault since he'd had such a busy FIRST FATHER'S DAY! He is such a wonderful father, as I always imagined he'd be. Our son is such a lucky boy to have a father that is so dedicated to his family.
Even though I understood his fatigue, I still felt neglected. I'd been really needing my maintenance spanking, and now it'd been two days in a row it had been pushed off. I planned on telling J that I just didn't even want it anymore because I was sick of waiting for it, and it never coming. But when J told me he hadn't forgotten and that he'd just been tired, I had nothing to say. My mouth clamped shut and I couldn't open it for the life of me. I withdrew into myself, becoming upset, feeling like I wasn't important. That's two nights in a ROW he was too tired for me, I thought.
He came and snuggled next to me, whispering in my ear. "Are you okay?"
"Yup." I replied.
"What's the matter?"
I shook my head, signalling I didn't want to talk about it.
"Do you want to go in the room for a spanking?" his voice was velvety, so tempting ...
"NO!" I pouted. Duh, yes you do! I was really kicking myself for that, but oh well, nothing I could do now!
He tried and tried some more to figure out why I was so down. "Stressed?" I nodded yes. "Sad?" I nodded yes again. He sat beside me for a while, holding me, until finally he said, "Okay, get up and go into the room."
I wanted to argue, but I knew that I really did need the spanking. The only reason I'd said no before was because he was supposed to give me one anyway, and once you ask me if I want one, it changes the whole feeling for me. I didn't want to have one because I wanted one, I wanted one because I needed one, and that is hard for me to admit sometimes. I followed him into the bedroom and sat on the bed.
He laid down on his side of the bed, and murmured, "Come here, I want to hold you."
I rolled over to him and he held me tight in his arms.
"I love you so much," he told me. After holding me for a bit and kissing my head, he reached behind him and grabbed the dogging bat. With me still in his arms, he swatted my bottom a few times before letting me roll over onto my tummy so he could have free range. He peppered my bottom with the bat. It stung, so he must have been using it pretty hard since it's usually an implement that feels good. Before I knew it, though, he'd picked up the black strap and started using that just as liberally on my behind. YEOWTCH! He went for about a minute before pausing and saying, "Okay, you're going to get 100," and starting right in. 100 swats on both sides.
I wiggled, and cried out, but did not cry.
He set the strap down and pulled me into his arms. "I love you," he whispered. "Are you okay?"
I nodded, but felt disconnected.
"Do you need more?" he asked.
I nodded again, embarassed.
"Okay, roll over."
Back to my tummy I went. The strap fell again and again, and he announced I'd be getting another 100 on each. I tolerated that pretty well, though my bottom was on FIRE. Then, I felt him pull my pants down, and the cool air blew across my naked, hot skin. Goosebumps rose over my body.
He hand spanked me for a bit, which surprisingly, hurt more than the strap today. After a minute or so of hand spanking, he decided another 50 on each with the strap was in order, and boy, did he deliver.
I really hate being strapped on my bare butt. I really hate it. Still, no tears. But my backside was blazing and after a couple more hand swats, J started massaging my bottom and kissing the side of my head. I felt so loved and taken care of once it was finished.
I can't say enough how lucky I am to have J. He is really stepping up. I can't imagine how hard it must be to be in his position. We are both going through a huge transition and on top of that, he has to figure out how to help me stay above water. He is an amazing, wonderful man, husband and father. It melts my heart to see him holding our tiny (hahahaha well, tiny in J's arms) baby and whispering and talking to him. I'm so grateful to have a man who is so dedicated and outwardly loving of his family.
Baby update!! the "little" prince is now 12 lbs 4 oz and 23.5 in at five weeks! He's growing like a weed :)
I sure do relate to getting to the point where you do not want what you know you need...I think we all go through that. I'm glad you were able to communicate with each other. Everything gets more complicated with the little one around, doesn't it? Sara
ReplyDeleteI know what it is to be frustrated over missing maintenance. It is tough with a brand new baby. I think you guys are doing great with dealing with all of the stresses and pressures that come with that little bundle of joy.
ReplyDeleteAwww, good for you kiddo. I'm glad he took the clue when you couldn't tell him and I'm glad you quit resisting. Most importantly though, good for you for telling him that you needed more! That's not easy.
ReplyDeletePeace reigns again!
Hope Martha's Vineyard was fun.
Hugs,
Kelly
I totally understand how needing one conflicts with being asked if you WANT one. It completely changes the dynamic. I'm glad you were able to ask for more when you felt like it. I think that's really tough sometimes. BTW...Congrats on the "little prince"..they get so big, so fast!
ReplyDeletewhen Z asks me if I want a spanking I always say no because part of me just wants him to do....no asking! Sometimes i feel like saying "do YOU want to spank me?" usually he doesn't ask though...lol
ReplyDeleteWe can be awfully complicated creatures, can't we? If I tell Jared I need a spanking and don't get it, I turn inward and away. But let him ASK if I need one and the answer is always no. What up with that???
ReplyDeleteHow sweet! I'm so glad you got what you needed. Sometimes it can be difficult, but we always get through it :)
ReplyDeleteAs for your shower dilemma, I always just set the baby in the bathroom with us in it's bouncy chair. The sound of the water running is really soothing to them. ;)
I hate it when JJ asks me if I need it. I feel that if he needs to ask, then he ought to know that I am needing it. I am just hopeing that communication will eventually help him, and it seems your hubby is getting the signal too. Hang in there, it is really hard adjusting to a new little one. You will have many stages, but this one will pass all too quickly, so enjoy every moment.
ReplyDeleteHugs,
Kady