Wednesday, March 16, 2011

The Awesome-ness Continues!

   So about a month ago, I get a letter from my OB's office saying that she left the practice and that the other doctor practicing there would be happy to take me on as her patient. Let me explain. I saw my normal doctor ONE time during this whole pregnancy, my very first prenatal visit at 12 weeks. She told me she would be on vacation the next month so I could schedule an appointment with the other doctor and then resume seeing her when she returned. That was in October. I haven't seen her since. I've been seeing the other doctor, whom I despise. She made me feel totally uncomfortable, and was extemely impersonal. So, I decided to find a different doctor instead of opting to see the other doctor in the practice. I found a new one, actually closer to my home. I saw her for the first time today, and I AM IN LOVE! She's really great. She's funny, she took the time to listen to me and ask me questions, and answer the questions that I had. She spoke to my husband, and included him, which was something the other doctor never did. J and I both feel so much more at ease with the new doctor. YAY!
   After my appointment, J took me to lunch. While we talked, he informed me that if I could get the majority of the nursery organized and put away (its taking me quite some time ... this kid has more clothes than his daddy and I put together!) then I'd be getting a good girl spanking tonight! ANOTHER ONE! Woo Hoo! I dont know what's gotten into this man, but if he wants to start giving me frequent good girl spankings, who am I to complain? I think he's starting to like this whole spanking thing a little more than he lets on! :) :) :)

That's fine with me!

5 comments:

  1. Just wanted to pop in and de-lurk. I just discovered your blog, and I'm very much enjoying it! I can relate to much of what you're saying =)

    I'm also 22, and my husband is 10 years older than me. We have 2 kids, and have been using DD for almost 4 years.

    I'm glad TTWD is growing on your man. That's always a wonderful feeling.

    And congrats on finding a doctor you love!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I'm so happy you changed doctors!! You'll be so much happier. When you love your doctor it makes all the difference in the world. When I got the letter that by OB-Gyn was retiring after I had been going to him for 20 years I cried for two days.

    Congrats on the good girls - enjoy!

    Hugs,
    PK

    ReplyDelete
  3. This is She, thank you for de-lurking! I LOVE hearing from the people who read here, and talking to people in similar places in their life.

    PK, I am relieved already. It's much nicer having a doctor I feel comfortable with and can open up to.

    ReplyDelete
  4. That's awesome Heather. Obviously you are doing something right!!

    ReplyDelete