Yesterday was a stressful day and I was texting with J while he was at work, and told him the baby was being really fussy. Being the awesome hubby that he is, when he got home from work he showered, then offered to take the baby for a ride so I could shower and have a little time to myself. I was in a horrible mood, and my attitude was sour for sure. Even after I'd showered, I was still feeling cranky. J called me and asked if we had rice. I looked in the cabinet, we didnt have any. He told me he'd gotten a surprise, and I kinda blew it off. It wasn't that I didn't care that he'd gotten something special, I just had a lot of other things on my mind.
When he got back with the baby, he announced that he'd bought SWORDFISH for dinner! MY FAVOITE!! He'd also gotten garlic herb rice pilaf and asparagus. I was in heaven! He really, really is so good to me. He said that since it was obviously hard to go out to eat, he wanted to bring a really nice meal to me, because I deserve it. I could have cried when he said that!
Even with all of his nice gestures, and the amazing dinner, I still felt myself falling into a "funk." I dont know what my problem was but I just felt cranky. Just before we were getting to bed, I leaned against J and sorta whined into his chest, "I feel grumpy.."
"What?" he asked. "Even though I got swordfish and made a special dinner for you?"
Put that way, I sounded like a horrible jerk. I quickly tried to explain. "Thank you, for dinner, baby, it really was awesome!" I didn't want him to think I didn't appreciate what he'd done for me, because I really, really did! I just was feeling off, and I felt like I needed to tell him I was feeling that way.
He shook his head. "No, get on the bed, butt in the air." he ordered.
"But baby, I just wanna say thank you for dinner," I whined, puckering my lips.
He walked past me, pointing at the bed. "Butt in the air," he said as he rounded the bed, and grabbed the strap.
I was filled with a variety of emotions at this point. I was mostly surprised, because he doesn't usually specify a position for me to be in when he spanks me. I felt little, not in a bad way, but I was intensely aware of how much bigger and stronger J is than me. It gave me sort of a thrill, to be honest! There was a little bit of fear, because I hate the strap ... but also because I could feel that I wasn't in control. I made a feeble attempt at maintaining a little control, and lay down on the bed. I moved to put the pillow below my waist but he stopped me.
"No. Butt.In.The.Air."
I looked back at him, and he was serious. My tummy fluttered, and I reluctantly raised my backside, my back sloped. The seconds that lingered between the moment I presented J with his target and the strap falling felt like hours. I felt so exposed, even fully clothed. It seemed to me that if he looked at me at just the right angle, he would see everything inside of me. The strap finally did fall and it did hurt. I didn't hold position very well, but each time I moved from where I was supposed to be, J insisted I move back.
He was firm. His presence was commanding, and I felt relieved. Safe. He was gentle and tender afterward. He climbed into bed with me and held me, kissed me. Things moved to a more passionae avenue.
I was on cloud nine. I had really missed J throughout the week and it felt good to reconnect in the ways that we both respond best to. A good spanking, for me. (Great, actually...) And sex, of course, for both of us. And J's favorite thing, but we wont go there ... ;)
It sounds like you're starting to get the hang of parenting. It really does get easier as more time passes!
ReplyDeleteKitty
P.S. That was really sweet of J to get you dinner and give you what you needed later.
Sounds like you had a wonderful evening. J sounds like quite a guy!
ReplyDeleteHugs,
PK
I'm so glad you had a nice evening and you both got what you wanted. And good for you for recognizing your emotions and letting him know how you were feeling. Doesn't matter whether its "justified" or not...you feel how you feel....I'm really happy for you both!!
ReplyDeleteKitty, thanks. There are good and bad days, but it's getting easier for sure! It was really sweet of him. He's very thoughtful!
ReplyDeletePK it WAS wonderful! He's the best :)
K's sweetie, thank you! It does help to just acknowledge the feeling, justified or not. I'm beginning to see that sometimes you can't help how you feel.
Eeeek! But the nice dinner sounded wonderful. I know what I think about spankings..now I need to try swordfish :)
ReplyDeleteOMG Heather....I think you letting him take control of the reins is working...wink wink
ReplyDeleteStormy, you've never had SWORDFISH? oh my! You have to try it. It's so delicious.
ReplyDeleteAshley, I am so loving that he is feeling more comfortable and it's clear he's feeling more in control! Im glad that I decided not to push it and let him make the decisions.
its all down to communication again isnt it....talking and letting them know how we are feeling and then letting THEM decide how to deal with it - well done :) you two are awesome :) love and hugs xxx
ReplyDelete