This weekend was wonderful. My sister threw me an AMAZING baby shower on Saturday, and I got to see a bunch of friends and family that I haven't seen in quite a while. There was SO much food, and a whole mountain of gifts in the corner. It took us almost 2 hours to open them all ! We ended up with pretty much everything we need for the baby, we'll just need to pick up a few more things. It was great!
A few of our close friends from the Vineyard came to spend the entire weekend with us, so we got to enjoy their company a little longer than everyone else's. We played games at our house and stayed up until ridiculous hours in the morning talking and joking around. It was awesome to be around everyone again.
Since everyone was at our house until Sunday afternoon, we pushed maintenance back from Saturday to Sunday night. I was pretty sore (my hips have been hurting quite a bit lately), and I think J took that into account when telling me I could either choose a card, or let him do whatever he had in mind. I pondered for a few minutes over my choices, but was too nervous he was going to use the loopy so I decided to pick a card, since none of those feature that evil implement.
He had me get up and get the cards from the drawer. I did, and brought them to him. He fanned them out in front of him like he usually does and I reached over and plucked one out. I quickly scanned it over and groaned.
"Seriously?!" I whined. It was the SAME one as last time, with the cane, strap and paddle! I had flashbacks of the last spanking when I chose this card and shivered. That hurt!
He took it from my hands and read it, then looked up at me, and put the card beside him on the bed. "I'm overriding that choice. Pick a different one," he ordered.
Phew! I reached out and chose another one. This time it had sets with the little hair brush, the black strap, and the stick. I went back to the drawer and put away all the cards but the one defining the spanking and grabbed the implements. I laid them on the bed for J and got into position on the love seat.
He delivered the spanking described on the card. It wasn't nearly as bad as the first card I chose would have been, and I was grateful for that. I needed a spanking, but not one that was going to reduce me to a sobbing mess. The spanking I got was just perfect.
Today I got 25 fast smacks on each cheek before J left for work, just because :D I'm a happy girl today.
Tonight I'm seeing a movie with my sisters, then attempting to do some organizing and putting away of clothes in the nursery. Happy Tuesday everyone!
Sounds like you had a wonderful weekend and baby shower! Congratulations! Life is good. Sweet post! I remember how reved up my hormones were pregnant and everything was so good! I LOVED being pregnant! Enjoy and get your sleep while you can!
ReplyDeleteSounds like you had a great weekend just as you said! That is so awesome you got so much stuff. That will be a great stress reliever.
ReplyDeleteI'm so glad you didn't have to do that card again. What a great hubby you have. Now you can be blissful about it fo a good long while. How nice!
I'm glad he gave you a different option. That baby shower weekend sounded great..fun!
ReplyDeleteYay! I'm glad the baby shower went well!
ReplyDeleteUh I again have to apologize for the card problems! Once you use them you have to throw them away! LOL jk. Glad you got to choose another one! I love good girl spankings!
Hugs,
Audra
Judy, I wish I could sleep! It seems to be eluding me already, unfortunately. Any night that I do get to sleep relatively early, I wake up to pee a bajillion times, and then the little man doesn't stop wiggling and kicking and rolling so falling back to sleep is next to impossible. Ah well, getting used to when baby boy gets here, I suppose!
ReplyDeleteCedenoGems, I was SOO thankful I didn't have to do that card again! I still had bruises from last time!
Stormy, it was a great weekend! Soo much fun :)
Audra, I wish I could throw away the cards after we use them! That'd be perfect .. good idea! ;)