Thursday, December 15, 2011

The Girl Who Cried Wolf

     When we first began testing the ttwd waters, I suggested coming up with a safe word. As those who follow me or read often probably know, I was the one to bring this lifestyle to J. He was uncomfortable in the beginning, and I thought that having a safe word would alleviate some pressure on him, knowing that if it was ever too much that I would safe word out.
     He refused the idea. He declared that if I said "no" or "stop" that he would end the spanking and that would be that. He maintained that there was no need for a safe word. At this point, he didn't really get that even when I said "no" or "stop" or whatever else came to mind to get out of a spanking, I needed him to follow through and spank me thoroughly. Of course he did get over that, stopping when I asked him to or said no. But the topic of a safe word did not come up again. He never brought it up, and I didn't feel like we needed to have one.
     Last week sometime, we were in our room and he had me bend over his lap. He was sitting in a computer chair, and the position was pretty awkward for me.
     Actually, awkward is an understatement. It was starting to hurt my back, and I kept saying "No, no more ... stop!" Looking back, I dont know why I didn't just say it's hurting my back, but for some reason that didn't occur to me.
     He didn't stop. He kept spanking me until he was satisfied. When he let me up, I immediately reached back and started massaging the spot on my back that was sore. "Are you okay?" he asked, concerned.
     I assured him that I was, and he told me that I should have told him to stop. "I did," I reminded him. "I said it over and over and over."
     "Well, I thought you were just saying no and stop like you do sometimes. You know, no doesn't always mean no, does it?" he asked.
     I shook my head. "I guess not," I agreed.
     "It's a bit like the boy who called wolf." he related. 
     That's how we came up with it. The safe word that hasn't been called a safe word. Wolf. I can't imagine myself needing to use it, but it's kind of exciting just having it in place. The idea that we could be so consumed by our play and passion that I might have to use it is very arousing. I'm sure I wouldn't feel that way should I need to use it. But the thought is hot.

     Really hot.

5 comments:

  1. Many people beleive that a safe word is very important. We don't have one bc I have alwwys just told him "my back" or whatever, when I needed to. Do you think you'll use it if you need to? Sara

    ReplyDelete
  2. I've definitely said "my back!" too..maybe that should just be THE safe word lol.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Great word, if you should remember or need it.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I've been there... we've tried a few positions that have ended up more as "wow, that's just awkward..."

    But we have always had a safe word. I've never used it, but then we aren't that far into things. His confidence and "desire" to spank are not quite in place, but I like having one none-the-less. Funny thing is, our word is the name of a spanking implement that we both agree we aren't interested in using... hope I won't have to change my word in the future! ;)

    ~Autumn

    ReplyDelete
  5. safe words are a really good idea no matter what :)

    ReplyDelete