Tuesday, April 24, 2012

Things Are Different Now

     When I began writing this blog, I was in the process of telling J about my desire to be spanked/disciplined. I thought I knew exactly what I wanted. I had an idea in my mind of what our relationship would look like .. of how he should lead. (typing and then reading that sentence literally makes me cringe.) I wanted him to be strict and to fully take control. I didn't want sex to be mixed in...that bothered me a lot. I felt like I needed only non-sexual dominance from him.
      Looking back at where we began on this journey, and seeing where we are now, amazes me. We have changed, yes ... grown, yes. If you had asked me then if I could see us where we are now, I would have firmly answered no. I have discovered a lot about myself, and my submissive desires/needs. Many of the things I thought I wanted then, I no longer want....just as many of the things I crave and enjoy now, turned me off then.
     Our dynamic has shifted in a major way, and the difference is unbelievable. I am no longer bothered when spanking is mixed with more intimate activities. It randomly occurred to me that I should not be bothered by the ways he chooses to enforce his dominance. That's his decision. I now welcome his sexual dominance, and let me tell you .. has he grown! If you have been reading since the beginning, or close to it, you know that J used to be afraid of "hurting me", he didn't like to leave marks, didn't want to make me cry ... remember that? Now, he pinches and twists my nipples, and demands that I keep my hands above my head, and still, while he does it. He'll slap extremely sensitive body parts, and then smile with pleasure when I cry out. He knows how much it turns me on, and it turns him on too. He makes me tell him WHEN I come if I play with myself when he's not home, and I believe him when he threatens consequences if I don't.
     A few months ago, I joined tumblr, and I made some friends who live in Daddy/babygirl relationships. After reading and viewing their blogs for a bit, I began to fall in love with the idea of J being my Daddy. I couldn't believe how much it resembled the way we naturally interact with each other. It took me quite a while to confess this to J. Despite how right it felt, at the same time it seemed wrong. How could I be turned on at the mere thought of calling J "Daddy," or him calling me "little girl"? Would J think I was some kind of freak? There were literally hundreds of times when the word was sitting there on the edge of my tongue, begging to be uttered, and I swallowed them back, afraid of what his response might be. Then one day, I allowed myself to say it...and you know what? He didn't think I was some kind of freak. He didn't really react to it at all, it was as if I'd called him by his name.
     From that point on, I decided it was okay to let my "little girl" out. I can't even tell you how much happier and how free I feel. The more I let that part of myself show, the more J grew into the "Daddy" role.  I eventually did confess my desire for it, even though it was pretty obvious by that point. His response? No surprise to me, babygirl. I love you so much.
     This all happened a while ago, but I haven't really had the words to write about it. I think part of me was a little hesitant to talk about it because it was going so good and I didn't want to jinx it. Another part was a little worried that my readers wouldn't want to return. The content of this blog is probably going to change a bit. I would not say that we are a DD couple. While discipline is still used, and I would be punished if I disobeyed or did something disrespectful/dishonest etc .. we are more D/s than DD. I have enjoyed the interaction with other DD bloggers, and I hope that they won't shy away from my blog now that recounting events will include some bdsm instead of mainly spanking.

   

17 comments:

  1. I think the best part about the spanking blogging community is that, for the most part, everyone seems so friendly and nonjudgemental. I think we all know that to outsiders, our kinks are all considered strange, so in a weird way it brings us all together no matter what the individual kinks are. I think it's awesome that you guys found what works for you and I for one am excited to read more about it :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. You're totally right, our community is very accepting. It was silly of me to worry. Thanks for your support, I'm glad you'll be sticking around :)

      Delete
  2. I agree with playful little brat. Each of us has a different story but we are basically all the same. Viva la difference as they say in France, or so I've heard.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I enjoyed reading this post. I am not at your stage, but taking baby steps in saying I want spanking in my life and trying to figure out what that looks like in our marriage.
    I feel some of what you feel by just sharing that I want spanking and so it is nice to know you have evolved and to see how happy you are. Regards,

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I am glad you enjoyed reading! Good for you, for taking the step and admitting you want spanking in your life. That's not an easy step to take. I checked out your blog and I look forward to reading more when I have more time!

      Delete
  4. To each his own, dear. The point is that you are happy and fulfilled. :)

    ReplyDelete
  5. The Daddy dynamic intrigues me as well. I am pretty sure you can talk about what ever you want on your own blog. It is nice to have the external validation that the readers bring, but really, don't deny yourself for us.

    Still reading, BTW.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you, I appreciate your words of support. Of course you're right, I can write about whatever I'd like on my blog, sometimes I worry too much about what other people think of me! Thanks for sticking around :)

      Delete
  6. Heather,

    Well, I'm sure you know I call my husband, Daddy, and he calls me Baby, Little Girl, Kitty (of course), Bunny, etc., etc...

    We don't exactly have a Daddy/little girl dynamic, though, like some bloggers. It's not age play for us, but if that's what it is for you, who am I to judge?

    I thought this post was interesting and I'll keep reading your blog, for sure:)!

    Love,
    Kitty

    P.S. We're not DD either, although I am disciplined at times. If I have to label what we are we're 24/7 tpe or ape with Daddy being my Master.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi Kitty,

      I get confused by terms ... I guess it would be considered age play, but I always associate that term with Daddy/daughter role play and that's not what it is for us.

      J is the person who loves me more than anyone else in the world, he guides me, and protects me fiercely. He is my "Daddy" figure.

      Thanks for the support, and I'm glad you're still readying :)

      Delete
  7. If you're happy and it works for the two of you, then that's great! :) This is why I like the term ttwd, because it is whatever we make it. Other labels just don't tell the whole story for us because we're not strictly one thing or another.

    I have to tell you, I had Michael read this post and he literally laughed out loud when he read about how you'd built it all up in your head and then J wasn't fazed by it at all. I think he got such a kick out of it because the same kind of thing has happened with us before too. I'll make something out to be a much bigger deal in my head and then when I get brave and share it with him he either already is aware of it and isn't surprised at all or he just embraces it as if it's not a big deal.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Grace, I completely agree. The term ttwd is awesome...we are not one thing or the other, we are a mix of things.

      I think I do that far too much, building things up in my head. I'm glad I'm not the only one who does it! Thank goodness we have such good men :)

      Delete
  8. I say good for you for doing what makes you happy.

    ReplyDelete
  9. Heather, I'm so happy you decided to share and are more open with it! I think your dynamic is so sweet and beautiful. I've toyed with it myself as well. I think that's what the name ttwd is for -- nothing is black or white. Cael and I are a mesh of a lot of things. I'm glad to hear it's working so well for you and that you've found something so natural for both yourself and J. :) YAY!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Riley! As you know, I'm very happy with the way things are :)

      Delete
  10. Hi Heather, I know I am replying late but congratulations on getting it out there and moving along the way you want. When daddy and I first started this journey we both really had no clue what where were going or what we wanted out of it. I never knew how strong my craving for his Dominance would become nor could I have ever imagined he would address me as slave. We moved swiftly through phases until we found what is right for us and it is a combination of so many things. DD, D/s, M/s all becomes one and it works well for us. I can't wait to hear more.

    ReplyDelete