Friday, May 13, 2011

SOOOO in love!

Wednesday night, J gave me an "empowerment spanking" as he called it. It was a nice, warm hand spanking meant to get me in the right head space for the next days event. I was terrified about having a c-section, having to get a spinal, etc. I'm awful with needles so this was my worst nightmare. Anyway, it was sweet of him to think of me like that. It made me feel so good.
We arrived at the hospital around 9:30 am yesterday, registered, and got hooked up to the fetal monitor. Baby boy was doing great, very active still, and they explained to us the procedure. I got a little shaky when I was informed that J could not be with me while they administered the spinal but they assured me that right after, hed be coming in and things would be fine. Did not turn out to be the case. They tried inserting the spinal 5-6 times but couldn't find the right space. All I got was sharp, shooting pain in my right leg. So next they tried an epidural. That only numbed one half of my lower body. Finally they decided I would be put to sleep (first time ever). Neither J nor I witnessed our sons birth. It was nothing like we'd planned or hoped for but our prince is here and he's just amazing!

13 comments:

  1. I am so enraged right now for you! I'm soooo glad that you had a beautiful, healthy baby boy. Please don't let your birthing process overshadow the joy of your new baby.
    It took them over half an hour to insert my spinal for my second C-section.. It was terrible, but they stuck me well over 5-6 times. It irritates me that they gave up so easily on you.

    I am so sorry for that =(

    But regardless, he's here, and you're well (I hope.)

    Congratulations to you guys! He's beautiful <3

    ReplyDelete
  2. Aw, he's so precious, Heather! Congratulations! I'm so sorry you and J didn't get to see his birth, but so thankful everyone is well. :) Joy!

    ReplyDelete
  3. SOOOOOOOOO perfect and beautiful! Congratulations!!!!!!!! Bummer about not witnessing it, but Craig wasn't there for my first child's birth and honestly there are so many other moments to enjoy that it hasn't made any difference at all!

    He is truly a blessing to you both, and I'm so excited for you!!!!!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Beautiful! Beautiful! Beautiful! How lucky you are. I know how busy you'll be but don't forget us. We want updates on spankings and babies!

    Hugs,
    PK

    ReplyDelete
  5. What a handsome little guy! He will steal many hearts! congrats! abby

    ReplyDelete
  6. Congrats on your new baby boy! I just found your blog...I'm sure you're really busy and have fun bonding with that special baby.

    Kitty

    P.S. If you have time, I'd love to have you visit my blog...
    http://kitty-sweetsurrender.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete
  7. Congratulations. I'm sorry you didn't have the birth experience you were hoping for, but you got a beautiful, healthy baby. My sister had the same issue with her epidural. It numbed everywhere, but where they needed to cut. I'm just glad both of you are ok. Enjoy that precious bundle.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Awwww, that sucks that u didn't get to see it, but you are so very blessed. Everyone is healthy, that's what matters! I'm so very happy for u and that is the luckiest little man on the planet!

    Hugs,
    Kelly

    ~No worries

    ReplyDelete
  9. So Handsome!!! Congrats!!!

    ~Hugs~
    Lily

    ReplyDelete
  10. Aww, I am so sorry you had a rough time, but what a sweet reward for all the effort! Congratulations! Sara

    ReplyDelete
  11. He's so beautiful! Congratulations! *sigh* They grow up so fast.

    And what an interesting reason to get a spanking. I've heard of a lot of different types but never a getting ready to have a baby one.

    Love,
    Serenity

    ReplyDelete
  12. Oh - the things we go through to get our little ones here. I feel for you. I am the same way with needles. But look at that GORGEOUS baby!!!!! Congrats!!!!! I love his little scrunched up face. What a cutie. :) Hope you and baby are doing well!

    ReplyDelete