Yesterday, hubby was having a very hard time with the day to day stresses of life. Things have been piling up for him lately and I just felt awful. He's unhappy at his job but since we are expecting a child and we made the decision for me to leave my job a few weeks ago, leaving his job at this time is not an option. On top of that, there's been drama between his brother and him, and another famliy issue arose last night. I went out and bought a wooden hairbrush, a little larger than the one we already have. I left it in the top drawer in the bathroom with a note saying "Darling, I know how much you LOVE the hairbrush, so I thought I'd get you one to cover more area :) I've been naughty, and I know you could use some stress relief." then I jotted a note to look in the top drawer on a sticky note and stuck it on the inside of the cabinet where our toothpaste is kept.
I waited patiently for hubby to get home from work (he works the night shift). When he came in, I kissed him, and hugged him tight.
He gathered his clothes per usual and headed for the shower. When he finally came back, he was holding the hairbrush and note in his hand, a small smile on his face. "You're cute, you know." he said quietly. He came and sat on the bed beside me and I piled the pillows in the middle of the bed and bent over them. He paddled me with that hairbrush pretty hard but gave me plenty of breaks and as the spanks rained down, the tension washed away.
I was relieved to see that one of the things that helps me deal with stress was also beginning to help him too. I had previously thought this was something he did only for me, but I'm seeing now that he's benefiting as well.
No comments:
Post a Comment