Wednesday, December 21, 2011

EdenCooks : Whopper Cookies

     I'd like to begin this post by saying that I do not bake often. When I do, it's usually pre-mixed packages that all I need to add is water or milk or eggs, you know... so baking cookies from scratch is totally new to me.
      But when I saw this recipe for Whoppers Cookies, I knew I had to make them for a get together we were attending with my father-in-law's family. The night I decided to make them, my sister was at my house, and was going to help me. I had looked over the recipe a bunch of times, continually checking that I had all the necessary ingredients. After I'd taken everything out and put it where I could easily access it, my kitchen had begun to look like a war zone!
     After painstakingly measuring, mixing, and sifting ingredients, the dough was finally ready. I pre-heated the oven and started putting scoops of cookie dough on the cookie sheet, just as the recipe instructs. I put them in the oven, set the timer, and poured a glass of wine. As the delicious scent of warm chocolate filled my home, I swelled with pride. I was so excited that I would have something to bring to my husband's grandmothers' house.


      When I opened the oven half way through the cook time to switch racks, I gasped. I didn't think they looked how cookies should look. My sister suggested we finish cooking them and see how they turned out. Maybe they were supposed to be that way. I followed her advice, but the cookies did not come out right. They were bubbly looking, and I was totally puzzled. I had measured every thing perfectly, I was sure of it! I had checked the ingredients over and over and over, I couldn't have possibly left something out.
     I went back over the recipe, and I realized that when I had made the initial ingredient list, instead of writing baking powder like the recipe calls for, I wrote baking soda. I'm guessing that's why my cookies didn't bake correctly. The upside to all of this is that they still tasted good, if a little brittle. I knew if I brought the cookies to the party like that, my sister in law would have had some snide comment to make about it, and I complained to my sister that now I would have nothing to bring. She suggested crumbling the cookies and layering them with pudding and whipped cream as a desert. I did, and it turned out delicious!
     I'm glad I tried this recipe from the EdenFantasys community club EdenCooks! They have other really yummy sounding recipes, too .. check them out :) Or, if you're looking for a sex toy to spice up your New Year, there's a wide variety there to choose from.


Sex toys - EdenFantasys adult toys store

3 comments:

  1. Yup, that would do it. I accidentally did that once with Chocolate Chip cookies and it took forever to figure out what I'd done wrong. Your sister had a great idea. Good for you for trying. It sounds like it worked out well!

    ReplyDelete
  2. The new way sounded absolutely great. I will be trying it very soon.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Oh no!!!! When at first you don't succeed...try try again. I once put in powdered sugar for flour lol.

    ReplyDelete