Monday, November 12, 2012

I'm a creep, I'm a weirdoooo *humming radiohead as I type*

     I cant believe I'm actually writing this, but for some odd reason I feel the need to defend myself. I know that have written about this before, but there are apparently some new readers here who are a bit confused. 
     First of all, my Daddy is not my father. I am not sexually attracted to my father, and I absolutely do not think of him when we are having sex. Likewise, Daddy is not attracted to children, nor does he pretend I am one. That is not what Daddy/little is all about. 

     Listen, I can understand why at first, this might seem a little odd. Hell, before I realized this dynamic was exactly what I needed, I was completely turned off by the thought of a woman calling her husband/boyfriend/lover Daddy. However, even while I "knew" it wasn't for me, I understood that for some people, it fit just right. I guess maybe because I've always craved spanking and discipline, and I knew/know that it isn't exactly socially acceptable, I sympathize with all kinksters. I understand what it's like to honestly, deeply need something and not understand that need, and sometimes even wish I didn't have the need at all. I ask that you consider the same things when you read one, or maybe several of my posts, and then come to the conclusion that my relationship is creepy.     

     Daddy is my husband. He loves me more than anything else in the whole world, and would do anything to protect me. He reads me stories before we go to bed. He tells me every day that he loves me, and never leaves our home without kissing me goodbye. He washes my hair when we shower together. He takes care of me when I'm sick and makes me laugh when I'm sad. He plays with me, and when I've done something wrong, he disciplines me. He nurtures my inner child (you've got one too, dig deep!) and makes me feel safe. He colors princess pages from my coloring book with me and doesn't think it's weird that I still sleep with a stuffed animal. He is my best friend, my Dominant, my confidant, my lover. He accepts me for exactly who I am, and strives to help me be the best me that I can be. He is my anchor. 

     If you think that's creepy then you probably shouldn't be reading here.

12 comments:

  1. I doubt you would ever have any trouble from anyone in out community. The stray reader might not understand and I think you have explained it well here. If you every have negative comments from someone, direct them back to this post. Meanwhile, you do what makes you feel comfortable, that's all that really matters anyway.

    Hugs,
    PK

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks PK, that was my intent, to have somewhere to refer people back to if need be. I'm thinking of making a page for it so when someone new comes across my blog they will have access to these words and maybe will not jump to immediate conclusions. I always assumed that within the spanking/dd/bdsm/ttwd community there was a sort of mutual understanding. Unfortunately it seems even some in the spanking community are jumping to the "creepy" conclusion. It just makes me sad that we cant ALL simply accept and support each other.

      Delete
  2. I'm sorry you've had some readers who don't understand. PK is right...now there is a place you can direct them to and if they continue to write, they end up falling into that troll category. I find that if I ignore them completely they go away rather quickly.

    ReplyDelete
  3. You and j have something really special. I think you did a lovely job of explaining it and there's certainly nothing objectionable, in fact, quite the opposite -- who wouldn't want all that love and care?

    I'm sorry someone challenged it, but hopefully now they'll be able to understand it all, and who knows, maybe even see the intrigue of it themselves.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I hope they are able to understand, too! Thanks for always being there for me :)

      Delete
  4. Well said!

    But - would anyone think sleeping with stuffed animals is weird or creepy? My Husband accepts that in me.

    I guess I'm sheltered in that area as I still have many stuffed animals and.... my BLANKIE! I take it everywhere (shh don't tell!) and I even took it to the hospital with me when I had my babies. I hide it under my pillow. "H" tells me someone is going to think it's a torn up piece of cloth and toss it out, but I just shoosh him.. I NEED my blankie.
    :)

    ReplyDelete
  5. People often judge what they don't understand...and they also assume without actually finding out...and both can lead to misunderstandings, confusion and hurt feelings.

    There are several blogs that I either don't read or read infrequently because I'm either just not into what they're into or some aspect of it rubs me the wrong way. I know that in some cases feelings have been hurt just because I stopped coming by and I stopped commenting. But, I think we should all "hang out" where we're comfortable.

    I call Michael Daddy sometimes and he sometimes calls me baby girl. He embraces my inner child, though she doesn't particularly care about coloring or bed time stories or sleeping with a stuffed animal, but she has her own little quirks. She is a part of me, just as the take charge adult woman is and the submissive wife is and the home school mom is, etc.

    I started calling Michael Daddy sometimes a very long time ago...almost 17 years ago I would say. It had and has nothing to do with incest or me wanting him to be my father or anything like that. And I remember the first time I told him that I wanted to call him that, that I felt like calling him Daddy. We didn't even have kids then and I think he was kind of weirded out by it. I didn't know what to think of it myself. But we talked about it and tried it out and soon we both got used to it and thought of it as a sweet name I used with him when I felt particularly loved by and close with him.

    After many years, our relationship started to deteriorate and I stopped calling him Daddy, well, except when referring to him to the kids or something. Then after several months of doing ttwd, I found myself calling him Daddy again and he started calling me baby girl. For us it speaks of the love and closeness between us and isn't creepy at all.

    If others don't understand it or feel creeped out by it, well, they are free to avoid my blog, just like I tend to avoid blogs where I don't feel comfortable. I don't ask for acceptance from them, just the respect that I'm my own person and while this doesn't feel right for them, that doesn't mean that there's anything wrong with it for me.

    (((hugs)))

    ReplyDelete
  6. If people don't understand something, they seem to judge it. Not cool at all in my eyes. :( I think you explained it very well here, and I think you guys have something special judging from what i've read in your blog. If it works for you, then good! If they don't understand it, then they can go read elsewhere! :)

    ReplyDelete
  7. Hi, creepy weirdo, I'm a creepy weirdo, too! I love having a Daddy, and as you describe, he is everything to me!

    ReplyDelete